Featured Post

Osaka June 2016 5 days 4 nights Itinerary - Day 1 (Namba and Umeda)

Gonna list down my 5D4N itinerary for my Osaka Trip here. I was there from 23rd June to 27th June. I flew by All Nippon Airways. Japanese service is excellent as usual. :) This is also my first time transiting from Tokyo Haneda International Airport to Domestic Terminal 2. I had to go to Osaka and from there and back to Tokyo for my return trip. Not sure if it's a japan thing, but transiting in Japan is quite smooth as opposed to my previous worries of not having enough time. I did not have to rush at all! 

After collecting your luggage at Tokyo, you can check in your luggage at the international airport. You can then collect it at Osaka! For your return trip, you can just check in at Osaka airport and have a peace of mind since you only need to collect your luggage back at Changi Airport. Very convenient and easy! 

I stayed at Hotel Relief Namba Daikokucho. Although Daikokucho station is not a JR Line, and nearest Namba Station is quite far, but the room that I got is quite big, considering the japan standard for rooms are small.

Weather is terrible and unpredictable in June. It may rain or shine throughput the day. It was not this bad when i went to tokyo but worst this time round as it rained non-stop for the first 3 days. I just had to use the umbrella. I had to make several pit stops along the way as the wind is too strong or raining too heavily. Umbrella was overpowered several times but it is still in tact la. :X





Day 1:

UMEDA SKY BUILDING

Address: Japan, 〒531-0076 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Kita Ward, Oyodonaka, 1−1−88 梅田スカイビル
Opening Hours: Floating Garden Observatory 10am - 10.30pm(last admission 10pm)

Umeda sky building is accessible from Nakatsu, Umeda and Osaka Station.
As this is my first time to this building, I googled when is the best possible time to come to catch the best view. Many have said to come during the night time so here i am! P.S you have to pay 700yen as entrance fee to go up to the Floating Garden Observatory! Once you're at the top, it can get quite chilly at night as it gets kind of windy. The floating garden observatory offers a great view of the whole city irregardless of day and night! Of course, it's better to come during sun rise and sun set because that's when the sky is chio. :o






NAMBA YASAKA SHRINE

Namba Yasaka Shrine is the next famous shrine nearest to my hotel area.

Spanning over 12 meters high and 11 wide, this 獅子舞台 Shishibutai mask distills an impressive figure, which keeps between its teeth a rather classic meditation place. This giant lion was not built until 1975. It sees two processions pass every year: on the third Sunday of January, inspired by the myth of Susano, and mid-December "Naniwa-Gion".

The lion's large mouth calls for triumph, drinks up wickedness, and brings luck in competitions and in business, attracting an endless stream of worshipers from all over the country. The lion's eyes are fitted with lights, and it's nose with speakers.This gives the lion quite a different expression,which can be enjoyed at night during festivals.







Brothers Cafe at Namba

Not sure if it is considered breakfast or lunch, but i ate my first meal in Osaka here! I think you will know that they are famed for their pancake and sweets as it's already labelled on their sign. LOL. 

There was a Caucasian waiter there and he speaks fluent Japanese. Not very friendly towards me though, probably because i am Chinese. Anyways, I asked what he recommends here and he pointed me to this delicious looking pancake adorned with loads of whipped cream and strawberries. I just went with what he says and it does not disappoint. Pancake was fluffy and nice, but the whole dish was too sweet though. The presentation was nice though with the hearts swirling around the plate made by strawberry sauce. :o



NAMBA

I roamed around Namba after eating. I went to Namba Parks, Namba City, Takashimaya and finally Doguyasuji Shopping Street. The shopping centers here are similar to Tokyo. Nothing new. Just expensive boutiques and more boutiques. Doguyasuji Shopping Street is lined with specialty stores of all kinds of cooking utensils and kitchen items. 

As an avid AKB fan, I must come to the NMB shop here! Didn't know there's an AKB shop and cafe here as well. Bought some merchandise here and then i went to the NMB shop. The NMB shop here is seriously disappointing! 

Firstly, it is quite empty as they only put up a sample of the merch and you have to go to the counter to inquire its availability. Secondly, Japanese people are bad in English so of course it is difficult to ask! Thirdly, I was looking forward to buy merch from their net shop. >.> Net shop is net shop. You need to buy online. 








Pokemon Center Osaka at Umeda Daimaru

I did not want to head to dotonbori on my first day and also weather forecast for the next few days are bad! Seriously, it rained non stop for the first 3 days of my trip. Anyways, if you're here in Umeda, remember to head to Daimaru as there's a huge Tokyu Hands store there and also Pokemon Center Osaka! 

As a huge pokemon fan, I may have spent quite a lot at this place! haha! 

Another place that is must go is HEP Five which i will cover soon! 







I don't remember the shop name already! I was too famished after walking around Namba and Umeda so i decided to walk into any random ramen store. This was average but definitely better than what we had in Singapore. Japanese prioritize service and quality over quantity. So if you have to wait, you wait. :) Actually the longer the queue, the better the food is. 

I also have never seen ramen with rice as side dish before. Not sure if this is an Osaka thing. 




Ramen Igei

Address: Japan, 〒531-0076 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, 北区大淀中1丁目17−6
Opening Hours: 11am - 2.30pm, 6pm - 10pm

I also wanted to get a quick supper after Umeda Sky Building so I went to a ramen shop that I already marked in google map. I chose 豚骨魚介らーめん 750円 / pork bone and sea food style soup ramen. It is a mixture of pork bone and sea food. This is not the first time i ate a fusion ramen. The broth was thick and flavorful. Noodle was thin and al dente. You may have to pay to get the extra york. Recommended if you're near by Umeda Sky Building, as you can either walk back to Umeda station or Nakatsu Station. I had to walk a little further to the subway station though. 


Comments